Your central air conditioning filter is a valuable means for decreasing allergies in your house and keeping it dust-free. Also, many modern air filters come with packaging stating that changing the filters once a month is suitable to keep dust and allergens to a minimum.
Cleaning or changing your air conditioner condenser filter improves its life and reduces the need for maintenance. Because clogged filters need more electricity, a clean air conditioner cools the air more efficiently and can minimize energy use.
You probably already know that you should change your filter regularly, but you might not realize that the frequency varies from household to household.
How frequently should you changed your air filters?
The air filter of your HVAC system plays a crucial part in attaining healthy airflow and keeping you and your loved ones safe against dust and other pollutants. While many heating and cooling experts suggest changing the air filters every 1 to 3 months, the intensity might vary depending on your distinct home needs that are as follows:
- Standard 1-inch to 3-inch air conditioner air filters must get replaced every 30-60 days.
- If you own one pet at your place, get your air filters changed every 60 days. However, if you have been multiple pets at home, get the filters changed every 20 to 45 days.
- Households without pets must change the air filters every 6 to 12 months.
- If you have a smoker at your place, it is prudent to get the filters changed every 30 days.
How do you know whether you are required to update your air filter?
There are several apparent signals that your air filter needs to get replaced. They are as follows:
- On your intake vents, dust and debris have accumulated.
- Dust and debris accumulate around your output vents, frequently on the ceiling and adjacent walls.
- Dust is gathering on fan blades, curtain rods, and the tops of cupboards, signaling too much dust in the air.
- Your air conditioner’s cooling power is dropping.
- When your air conditioner starts up, you’ll hear a lot of strain.
- For your AC system to cool to the proper temperature, you’ll need to operate it for extended periods.
Why is changing or cleaning the air filter of your AC required?
Here are a few reasons why it is crucial to clean and change your air filters to breathe healthy, clean air and obtain the best out of your air conditioning unit.
- Reduces asthma and allergies
- Enhances respiratory well-being
- Minimizes any risk of persistent cold and wheezing
- Inhibits growth of mold
- Precludes clogged airflow
- Decreases hefty utility costs
- Inhibits the development of contaminants
- Adds to your air conditioning system’s longevity
- Renders clean and fresh air to breathe.
Although the AC condenser filter is not the most complicated element of an air conditioning system, it significantly impacts its efficiency and air quality in your home. Remember to check and change your AC filters regularly to avoid these issues.
If you are a little concerned about how this entire process works, give us a call at (651) 368-6418 or send us an email at email@example.com to book an appointment with one of our certified technicians at Air Sock Filter right away if you need to change your air filters.